History of SAF
- In August 2009, Lieutenant General (USA Ret.) John Dubia, in a meeting with Theresa Sareo (Singer Songwriter) and Lou Ramos, Colonel, USAF (Ret.) suggested that Colonel Ramos conduct a military appreciation concert with Theresa Sareo in Tampa, Florida.
- Colonel Ramos created a team of volunteers to assist in the planning and execution of the concert.
- The first planning meeting was conducted in January 2010.
- Our Objectives were to Honor military active duty personnel through concerts led by Theresa Sareo; and Donate funds to The James A. Haley VA Hospital.
- As planning was on-going; Colonel Ramos took the initiative to contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and pursue a tax exemption as a non-profit organization.
- On February 24, 2010 Supporting Americas Finest, Inc. was awarded tax exempt status under section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Our volunteers from planning to execution numbered 45 people.
- Corporate sponsorships packages were created:
Platinum ($10K) Gold ($5K) Silver ($500 +)
- Ticket were sold to the general public; $20/person
- Since 2010, we have had three military appreciation concerts in support of our wounded warriors
- This year (February 7, 2014) we conducted a concert at the Ritz in Historic Ybor City.
- Proceeds from our concert were donated to the Gramatica Family Foundation
- Below, please see picture highlights
Highlights from the concert
Click on images to view larger photo.
Bill and Martin Gramatica Celebrate With Theresa